Delta GEMS (Growing and Empowering Myself Successfully) was created to catch the dreams of African-American adolescent girls aged 14-18. Delta GEMS provides the framework to actualize those dreams through the performance of specific tasks that develop a CAN DO attitude.
The goals for Delta GEMS are:
• To instill the need to excel academically
• To develop effective written and oral communication skills
• To encourage self-confidence, self-motivation, and self-discipline
• To foster meaningful public service; including mentoring and networking
• To assist with the exploration of various career paths and means for
• To support talents in academics, technology, sports, and fine arts
The Delta GEMS program offers a road map for college and career planning through activities that provide opportunities for self-reflection and individual growth. Delta GEMS participants have the opportunity to define and “Discover their individual Brilliance!”
The GEMS Open House event will take place on September 11, 2022 at 3PM. Join the meeting here: bit.ly/GEMSOPENHOUSE
The Dr. Betty Shabazz Delta Academy was created to serve as a catalyst for academic excellence in our adolescent girls ages 11-14, and guide their positive dreams and aspirations to a successful future. The goals of the program are:
- to save our girls from mediocre academic achievement and low self-esteem.
- to demonstrate the relevance to a girl's future of scholarship in areas of math, science, technology and non-traditional careers;
-to develop leadership skills in our girls through service learning projects;
-to expand the thinking of our girls about possible careers and educational goals that include science, math, and technology.
The Academy Open House event will take place on August 20, 2022 at 11AM. Join the meeting here: bit.ly/ACADEMYOPENHOUSE